Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Amanda and Tim

I woke up the morning we were supposed to do this shoot and noticed the rain clouds looming overhead.  I checked the forecast and it said it was going to rain all day.  I called Amanda to see if she wanted to reschedule, or try to rush out and do the pictures before the rain hit.  She said "Let's do it!" But of course, the rain started on our way out there, came down on us through the whole shoot, stopped 30 minutes later, and it was beautiful the whole rest of the day!  Oh well, we were able to get some cool umbrella shots...










So, I've been realizing that when I load my pictures into Picasa and my blog they look different than they do when I just have them open on my computer.  On my computer they look perfect and smooth and when I put them online they look choppy and rough.  I've never noticed it before, but this shoot is the worst.  They look so nice on my computer and I want to cry when I look at them on here.  Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Don't judge me based on these pictures.  I may have to start looking into alternative ways to display my pictures.  If you want to see the web album anyway, here it is.

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea how to fix the pictures, but I remember Danica Nelson wrote a blog post about it on her photography blog. I'll email you the link.

    These are awesome shots though, even online-- I can only imagine how awesome they *really* are. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..you never cease to amaze me. Even when circumstances are against you (like rain) you make the best of it, and it turned out so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there are some actions that sharpen pictures for web. I think the Coffee Shop blog has them or possibly Pioneer Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maretta. I have the same problem! I hate it. My pics look absolutely stunning in RAW then I convert them to jpg and they look blah. Did you ever figure out a solution? Ash - dontsmashthebug at gmail.

    ReplyDelete